Saturday, September 7, 2013

Personalized Mason Jars | DIY gift

Hello!

I've always got my ears and eyes peeled for gift ideas.  I always get cold sweats as special events approach because I like to give meaningful things that somehow relate to the person's interests, likes, or needs. 

(Although sometimes they're just pretty for the sake of pretty.)

Now I'm older and wiser: I hoard gift ideas and inspiration here.

In this case, it was my sister-in-law's birthday.  She adores mason jars.  She adores red.  And she adores bumblebees.  {No really, it's her entire brand as a designer:  Lost Bumblebee Graphics.}

So I made her some red mason jars with special words and a bumblebee on them, to store and display her stuff.

 

* * * 

Want to know how I did it?

Exertion Level: Easy.





I started with three plain mason jars:



Then I spray-painted them glossy red:




If you try this at home, make sure to elevate the jars so your spray can reach the bottom curve:



Here they are: 



To personalize them, I krazy-glued on a little silver bumblebee I had:




And wrote, peace, love & bumblebee with a silver marker:




* * *


No one else in the world has these same jars!

One-of-a-kind and personalized gifts are fun to make and fun to give.  The people's reactions are always a treat.

And here's the card that went with it!  I used an owl embellishment that had fallen off a gift bag.  Did I mention she loves owls?





I love putting to use things I have around the house.  It's a great skill to develop when you're short on time and/or on funds, and you still want to make someone's day.

UPDATE:  These jars were mentioned on another blog, LostBumblebee.  And here's a photo of where they live now!

Source: LostBumbleBee



If you enjoyed this post, you'll love what we're sharing between posts on social media! Please come join us to get DIY ideas, tips, home decor inspiration, organizing, kid-friendly ideas, and so much more.

   
 


Click on any of these icons.  See you there!

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on this! Your email address will remain private.